$25 for 5 Beginner Classes at Crossfit Milpitas ($100 value)
- Classes are designed so any age or ability level can participate and have an awesome workout
- ANSI accredited trainers lead ever-varied workouts scaled to suit all fitness levels
- One of the first CrossFit affiliates
- Former home to the 2008 CrossFit Games Champion
- All 5 star reviews on Yelp
- One voucher per person. No maximum purchase for gifts
You don’t have to be in the best shape to join. Just be willing to learn! Discover your strength and join the fitness revolution with this daily deal from CrossFit Milpitas. Pay only $25 for 5 beginner classes ($100 value).
So, what is CrossFit?
The standard answer is, "It's an effective fitness program consisting of constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity". This is a good description yet can still leave you pondering what the heck crossfit is. Phrases like "functional movements", "intensity", and "constantly varied" are thrown around all throughout the fitness industry to sell stuff. The terms are broad and have different definitions depending on the person or industry defining them. CrossFit has specific explanations of the three terms, which are:
- Natural movements with everyday life motor recruitment patterns. The movements were not invented by a trainer and have been around for millions of years. The squat(sit and stand), the deadlift(bend over and pick something up), the press(lift something over your head), run, jump, climb, throw...the list goes on and on. They are found everyday, everywhere in life.
- Essential to maintain independent living. At the point you can no longer sit and stand or pick something up from the ground, you can no longer live alone.
- Compound movements using many muscles, joints, and tendons. Isolation movements just don't happen in life. The only place you see them is in a standard big box gym.
- Get work done more effective and efficient compared to isolation movements. They allow you to move more weight for more distance fast.
- "LIFE'S MOVEMENTS"
- The rep scheme, timing, load, combination of movements, among other modalities is continually changed. Similar to everday life. For example, you know tomorrow that you sit down and stand up and pick something up and take some steps. You don't know how many times or how heavy or when.
- "LIFE'S WAY"
- Is exactly equal to average power. Average power is measurable - (Force x Distance)/Time.
- The catalyst for advantageous phsyical change.(how you get results)
- "MORE POWER OUTPUT = MORE FIT"
- Expires January 15, 2013
- Valid for beginner classes only
- One voucher per customer
- Must call to schedule initial visit
- Must use within two weeks after initial visit
- Not valid with other offers
- No cash back
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed until after the deal closes midnight on September 26, 2012.
About CrossFit Milpitas
Business Hours:Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
YelpKenneth L. (San Francisco, CA)
Crossfit may not be for everyone, unfortunately I would have to say that for myself. But do not make me discourage you, I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE everyone to try and experience how it works. I was introduced to the class by Dal but was taught on the intro classes by Vito.
So personally I was hesitant and intimidated; Crossfit folks are fit and agile like crazy. But the CFM family have a rule to introduce each other no matter what level they're in and it produces camaraderie, familiarity and just good folks to know.
Thank you for the opportunity CFM."
YelpVictor D. (San Jose, CA)
Crossfit Milpitas has a friendly environment. You can interact with people whom you workout with as family."